What you'll do:
- You will have an exciting opportunity to influence and help bring the Micah platform into the future with cutting-edge technologies like AI, ML, NLP, Neural Networks, and creating / integrating to key Data Sources.
- Make a tangible difference within a rapidly growing company that values: Open and collaborative communication, being authentic and humble, a passion for learning, and making smart, and informed decisions to make Micah the best product.
What you'll need:
- A minimum 5 years of professional working experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable training
- Proficiency with server side languages (Python, Ruby, Java, PHP, and .Net)
- Experience with database technology (MySQL, Oracle, and MongoDB)
- Expert handling of data from source systems and databases (SQL, DAX / MDX)
- Experience with at least one cloud platform (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud) and Git
- Experience with relational and multidimensional databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, containerization
- Utilize modern deployment, CI/CD, and configuration management tools
- Triage and remediate bugs throughout the development process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to promote modern engineering team practices - iterative development and continuous deployment
- Desire to mentor fellow teammates on data structures, design patterns, and engineering best practices
- Experience leading and participating in the full development process, from design to operations - inclusive of availability, performance, scalability
What's nice to have:
- Key-value storage Redis
- Google DNS
- Google Vision OCR
- CI Jenkins
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools like Jira, Confluence
- Proven experience delivering software using an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience using K8s/Helm
- Experience in Banking/Finance and Compliance Industry
- Portfolio of code related to AI/ML/NLP, especially in Banking and Finance Industries
- Extensive experience with Microservices, Banking APIs / Core Banking and Integrations
Who you are:
- You are self-motivated with a passion for learning and working with technology
- You are detailed oriented and organized in professional and personal pursuits
- You have integrity and clearly defined values, value being part of a strong team
- You have the desire to work with and learn new technologies as they are released and implemented
- You have an interest in working in a team environment and able to contribute ideas
- MUST be located and eligible to work in the United States; sponsorship not available
Who are we?
Founded in 2017, the Micah Group is a financial technology firm based in Minneapolis. Its artificial intelligence-based technology drastically streamlines complex lending processes, enabling banks to better serve the small businesses that strengthen communities.
The Micah Group is an equal opportunity employer
The Micah Group believes in diversity and inclusion within the workplace. We welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law.