MentorMate is seeking a Senior Enterprise Architect. This role is primarily responsible for supporting clients with their technical architecture and design needs, especially with larger accounts that we believe have significant long-term prospects for MentorMate. This role will have both billable and non-billable work with clients. The amount of billable work will vary, but could be as much as 100% for periods of time. On average, the amount of billable work will likely be about 50%. The non-billable work may include architecture definition of products and services that MentorMate offers and collaborating with account managers, project managers and solution consultants to manage customer expectations and ensure successful proposal submissions and delivery of projects.
This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
● Provide technical thought leadership to clients and internal staff on MentorMate’s portfolio
● Assist clients with architecture and design of the proposed solutions from MentorMate
● Assist clients with the implementation of the proposed solutions through coding and support of the CI/CD pipeline
● Be an internal and external champion for strong technical architecture, including consistency and standardization, when applicable
● Work with account and project management to discuss new needs and to ensure client satisfaction
● Mentor less senior staff across MentorMate’s geo-diverse facilities
● Help drive consistency with solution architecture in proposals
● 10+ experience delivering solutions in IT or Product Development groups
● 5+ years of experience in Software Architecture, Solution Architecture or Enterprise Architecture roles
● Practical experience with the entire lifecycle of custom and packaged software application development
● Experience negotiating features and architectures with internal or external clients
● Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
● Hands on knowledge of cloud technologies, SaaS-Paas-IaaS and related architectures, AWS and/or Azure services
● Working knowledge of SOA, microservices, RESTful APIs, messaging/pub-sub and data integration solutions
● Experience working with relational, key-value and graph databases
● Knowledge of DevOps and DevSecOps tools and methodologies, including IAM, containerization and serverless solutions
● Strong communication and presentation skills to convey complex technical topics to multiple audiences
● Experience working with remote or offshore teams to deliver technology solutions
● Ability to present complex technical topics to multiple audiences such as Directors, VPs, and C-suite, in terms the audience can understand
● Familiarity with Waterfall and Agile methodologies per each client’s needs
● Master of Science in Computer Science or Engineering
About Our Company
We developed our first mobile app in 2001. You read that correctly. It was a Palm Pilot app designed to aid students in learning foreign languages. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to cover the full spectrum of software solutions. Our team of over 600 scales quickly and offers end to end services that tackle specific tech challenges across a range of industries, platforms, and technologies. While our roots are in education, nearly half of our business is focused on healthcare and the large amounts of secure data that comes with it.
MentorMate is a place of constant energy and personality. On the clock, we’re technology experts and leaders that bring passion and knowledge to every project. Off the clock, we’re an eclectic bunch of foodies, music buffs, artists, sports fanatics, karaoke pros, and outdoor enthusiasts.
MentorMate is part of the Taylor Corporation family of companies. Taylor companies provide communication services, products and technologies to many of the most recognizable brands in the world. Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a competitive base salary, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401K, PTO and Holiday pay.