We are looking for an experienced Senior Fullstack Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team! In this position, you’ll work directly with a large team of Software, QA, Data, and DevOps team members to expand and support the Total Expert platform and integrations. We’re looking for a full-stack engineer who excels at creating software in all layers of a web platform, understands databases and SQL, and is passionate about using cutting edge SaaS web-based technologies. The work you do will empower tens of thousands of financial services leaders to help their customers make critical financial decisions that shape their lives.
Exciting work you’ll do:
- Develop new features and platform capabilities using the very latest developer tooling for our Marketing Automation and CRM platform, and technology integrations.
- Participate in problem analysis and collaborate with business users, customers, Product Team members, and other Engineering team members to identify and implement innovative software solutions and enhancements.
- Provide maintenance break/fix support for assigned areas of the platform and triage support issues to other areas of the Engineering Team.
- Participate in software scrum projects, communicate status and obstacles to the delivery team, and assist with planning and estimating.
- Participate in code reviews and provide mentorship and technical work direction to other Engineering team members.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience within a team-based environment
- Experience building and maintaining responsive web applications
- Experience writing automated unit tests, using unit testing frameworks, and providing mentorship to other team members around unit testing approaches
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals (data representation, data structures, algorithms)
- Experience with Python, Node.js and similar languages
- Experience with SQL performance tuning.
- Experience writing automated unit tests, using unit testing frameworks around big data.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation concepts
- Team-based development experience using an agile development methodology
- Passionate about building great products, innovation, and solving complex customer problems.
- Solid track record of building relationships and collaborating at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently paired with a desire to learn and grow.
- Will thrive in startup culture: Has a growth mindset, resilient, adaptable, and curious.