Reports to: Director of ITS
Compensation: $58,559 - $73,099 annually plus benefits
The Senior Information Technology Generalist provides advanced expertise in technical and functional support to multiple departments within the theater in a variety of technology disciplines. This position also provides escalated systems, storage and networking administration with a focus on understanding how systems work together and which vendors to work with for issue resolution. The Senior Information Technology Generalist conducts advanced help desk support as needed throughout all departments, including, but not limited to, Tessitura configuration and maintenance. All employees are expected to center, model and champion the Guthrie’s core values of Artistic Excellence; Community; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; and Fiscal Responsibility.
This position is full-time, exempt and benefits-eligible. Compensation for this position is $58,559 - $73,099 annually plus benefits. In addition to its typical Monday – Friday schedule, this position is part of an after-hours on-call rotation.
The Guthrie is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Customer Service
- Foster a work environment incorporating the Guthrie values of Artistic Excellence; Community; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; and Fiscal Responsibility.
- Provide exceptional customer service to Guthrie staff and visitors. Take every possible step to ensure a positive experience for all.
- Act with integrity and adaptability when problem solving to develop the best solution at the highest industry standard.
2. System Maintenance
- Conduct and complete advanced system backups, maintenance, server upgrades and patching.
- Identify, review and recommend hardware and software purchases.
- Analyze and document computer usage across the organization.
- Configure and reimage computers without supervision.
- Monitor and resolve network component and performance issues.
- Contribute to equipment and service documentation for daily operations performed, including IP address administration, firewall administration, router and switch configurations and logical/physical network diagrams.
3. Operations and Administration
- Maintain a high degree of expertise in order to research, analyze, evaluate and recommend new technology developments.
- Keep current on technology and business application trends and best practices through participation in conferences, national and regional associations, and e-learning. Share trends with the ITS team as necessary and applicable.
- Coordinate vendor support for desktop and multifunction printers.
- Lead, champion and support projects related to implementing best practices.
- Provide tactical and strategic input on infrastructure planning.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
4. Enterprise Support
- Provide on-call support for after hours and emergency situations.
- Provide support and resolution for escalated hardware- and software-related issues.
- Troubleshoot issues, elevating and collaborating as needed with other ITS staff members to problem solve.
- Instruct end users in use of equipment, software and manuals that are recommended to correct problems or situations.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Significant prior experience in a technology field. Customer service, servers, networking, and/or database experience required.
- Advanced experience and knowledge in using Microsoft products, such as Office 365, Active Directory, Windows Servers, Windows 10 and Office.
- In-depth and strong working knowledge of networking concepts, Windows IIS, web technologies and system security required.
- Advanced experience in backup and data recovery.
- Experience with VMware.
- Tessitura experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and meeting established deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to constant change.
- Ability to resolve service recovery issues and understand when to escalate to the next level.
- Effectively uses strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Takes initiative to improve processes, think strategically and identify trends.
- Committed to building and maintaining constructive relationships with customers, end users, partners and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multi-functional teams to work toward a common goal.
- Prioritizes the needs of a complex organization.
- Experience, ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours/days, including evenings and weekends, reflective of the dynamic schedule of the theater.
A NOTE FROM HUMAN RESOURCES
For the safety of our guests and staff, the Guthrie Theater requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Documentation of vaccination status must be provided if an offer of employment is made.
Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the position:
- Cover Letter