Make An Impact
Solutran is a leading FinTech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. We serve health-seeking populations by partnering with the nation’s largest health plans, government programs, such as WIC and SNAP, as well as with employers and retailers. We’ve established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class solutions used by millions.
Solutran has grown over four times in size in the last couple of years. As a result, in January we became part of the Optum Financial family (a part of UnitedHealth Group). The Solutran team and our platform are now at the center of the most significant healthcare payments innovation in modern history. The journey is just beginning. We expect this growth to accelerate and invite you to grow with us!
We are seeking an engaging and passionate leader driven to make a difference in a culture grounded in high performance and collaboration. The Senior Project Manager will lead and manage complex, medium to large-scale cross-functional client implementation projects involving exciting and innovative technologies as well as projects to develop and support our current business lines. We are a highly respected service organization known for delivery of quality products, often in very tight timeframes. The Senior Project Manager must possess a highly collaborative style and engage stakeholders to manage conflict, negotiate, and build relationships both within and outside our organization.
We are fast-paced, and we look to the Senior Project Manager to tailor projects, apply the project processes, and identify the appropriate tools and techniques to efficiently and effectively deliver projects on time, in scope and within the cost constraints, as well as mentor fellow Project Managers. A successful project manager at Solutran can lead and manage through ambiguity, being flexible and able to adapt plans as new information becomes available.
Local Twin Cities, Minnesota candidates only, please.
What You’ll Do
- Demonstrate and build superior customer relations and possess exceptional people and leadership skills consistently practicing those behaviors to build and develop the project team.
- Participate in the development of a PMO; building PMO best practices, and the development and maintenance of Organizational Process Assets.
- Collaborate with Solutran’s business lines and other departments to identify and align resources during all phases of the project processes.
- Expertly tailor each project by incorporating the appropriate project management plans, documents, processes, tools, and techniques and employ the appropriate processes within the project management process groups of initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and control and closing.
- Develop and maintain project management plans, documents and baselines (scope, cost and schedule) for project measurement.
- Engage stakeholders to align scope to meet client requirements, reduce risks, and manage costs.
- Implement risk management practices to ensure risks are identified, prioritized, and managed early and throughout the project lifecycle.
- Mentor fellow Project Managers and provide guidance towards their career growth when needed.
- Implement integrated change control to ensure that changes are tracked, managed, approved and validated.
- Create meaningful project reporting that communicates the right message to the right stakeholders at the right time.
- Facilitate meaningful project meetings (in-person, web-ex, skype) only when necessary to the right audience with a clearly defined purpose and planned outcomes.
- Provide project management subject matter expertise in client/prospect related discussions, presentations, or RFP responses.
- Work with minimal direction on complex, technical initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualifications And Experience
- 6+ years as a project manager leading or managing medium to large scale projects.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) or equivalent work experience.
- Experience successfully leading cross-functional teams throughout projects, i.e. Product, Sales, Client Services, Operations, I.T., QA.
- Experience in all phases of software project management, including initiation, requirements, design, development, testing, pre-launch and launch.
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work as a team leader motivating, mentoring and collaborating with others.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to grasp technical processes quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to prioritize.
- Flexibility and a desire to problem solve and continually learn.
- Experience with Excel and Word.
- Experience managing client implementations with software development involving new software products or enhancements to products, including initiation, requirements, design, development, testing, pre-launch and launch.
- PMP Certification preferred, but not required.
- Experience managing projects utilizing an agile development approach.
- Experience with MS Project and SharePoint.
Learn And Grow
We’re committed to growing the capabilities of our people. At Solutran, you have the opportunity to work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are both teachers and learners who are valued for their contributions and the perspective they bring.
Company Benefits And Perks
- Great Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life insurance plans.
- Start accruing 18 or 23 PTO days per year (based on salary grade) when working 40 hours per week. PTO accrual is pro-rated for our part-time employees.
- Your number of PTO days increase with your years of service.
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan and company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Support for Community Involvement
- Casual dress when working in the office
Where You Will Work
The position is an office-based position in Plymouth, Minnesota. In this role, you may have the opportunity for a hybrid schedule (in office and work from home) with manager approval.