M-RETS is seeking a talented and self-motivated Senior Developer with preferred expertise in building web applications using React to join a high-performance team working on the most innovative environmental tracking system in North America. The selected candidate would be expected to apply the best software engineering principles toward the development and delivery of highly scalable application software.
M-RETS is a growing non-profit working to integrate renewable energy commodity markets across North America by providing innovative, data-driven, technology solutions. The primary product you’ll be working on is a web-based system used by energy generators, utilities, and marketers to track Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) and Renewable Thermal Certificates (RTCs) to meet compliance and voluntary sustainability goals.
You’d be joining a small and diverse team working out of the Industrious space in RBC Plaza in downtown Minneapolis. Perks include great coffee, free breakfast and afternoon snacks, weekly happy hours, and great views. M-RETS provides a benefits package, professional development opportunities, transportation stipend, as well as work-life balance.
- Support the transition of our frontend from the Ember framework to React
- Provide technical thought leadership
- Perform code reviews, write unit tests, and participate in weekly Scrum events
- Tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, Heroku, PostgreSQL
- Experience building React web applications required
- Full-Stack development experience working on transactional, data intensive, scalable applications preferred
- Some experience with Ember would be a bonus
- Proven ability to interpret product architecture and system design
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts and opinions of their peers
- Track record of delivering software that exceeds customer expectations
- Strong Agile Software Development background
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Support and interest in M-RETS mission
- Comfortable working with a small team of colleagues
M-RETS (www.mrets.org) offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. EEO Employer.