Kipsu is a prominent, early-stage, software company with years of remarkable growth recognized for an exemplary culture whose pioneering messaging tools enable service industry partners to personally connect with their patrons through digital channels. We’re looking for dedicated, inventive, and collaborative engineers with 3 – 5 years of experience to play a vital role in shaping our product and culture as we continue on a trend of rapid growth.
- Lead and learn on a tightly knit engineering team of 16 hand-in-hand with a company of 60.
- Make an impact. Your input is crucial to how we do things. Help us forge the future of Kipsu as a tool and a company.
- Grow towards becoming a team lead and advance your knowledge and career rapidly along with us.
- Build an invaluable product that empowers service professionals and is leading in its industry.
WHAT MAKES KIPSU DIFFERENT
- We’re a solid, stable company, and we enthusiastically embrace our founding startup spirit– everyone pitching in and working to the same goals.
- Our culture– We have a team of highly motivated colleagues who are all in it together. We all succeed as one, and we all learn from our mistakes holding our interdependence in high regard.
- Our unique philosophy– we bootstrapped this company ourselves and are in it for the long-term. There is a distinct sense of purpose and ownership at Kipsu as we do things on our own terms.
- Remarkable growth– with nearly a decade of advancement, we continue to accelerate. It’s an exciting time to be here.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- You’ll be empowered to design systems, influence technology choices, and drive meaningful changes in collaboration with a technology-agnostic team.
- Take the next step in your career as you leverage your prior experience to mentor other engineers and contribute to the culture of our team through technical and people leadership.
- You’ll join and help shape a team of full stack engineers that embraces DevOps not just as jargon but as a philosophy. Expect to be a part of zero-downtime deployments to our highly available infrastructure on AWS.
- Striking the phrase “that’s not my job” from memory, you’ll solve interesting problems both in application development and beyond in areas like microservice architecture, data modeling and analysis, security best practices, natural language processing, and more.
- You’ll participate in blameless sprint retrospectives with a focus on experimentation and continuous improvement. You’re not going to hear us say “because that’s the way we’ve always done it.” At the same time, you won’t be subject to an arbitrary “re-org” every 6 months.
- Expect plenty of opportunities for leadership from day one and onward as we scale and you advance your career at Kipsu. We see all of our current team members as tomorrow’s leaders stepping not only into roles imagined but spaces yet unseen.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT HERE
- Unity– Everyone here is committed to the same mission. Our core values are not platitudes but our pact. We believe in the best in each other while always reaching to be better.
- Transparency– Our leadership gets into the details. We all gather for weekly space to discover how each team is doing so that we have a full understanding of the business and think like a CEO.
- Trust– Our team members are given the trust and license to excel at their jobs, and are supported along the way to continuously grow.
- Mentorship - We all have more to learn and something to teach. The lessons are beyond technical. We celebrate our busy hive of shared growth.
- Respect– Our success and future as an industry leader depend on actionable commitment to cultivating a diverse and equitable team. Everyone here has a voice that is heard and respected. We seek open and honest conversation on our journey to be active stewards of our shared communities.
- Purpose– Everyone here is closely connected to the result of their work. Every day our team gets to see the impact of what they do enhancing the value of our customers’ work in their own professions. Our goals are explicitly tethered to our mission of building relationships.
One last thing – At Kipsu, we believe that our values, success, and future as a leader in our industry require a vibrant and diverse workforce. This is one of the many challenges we seek to solve, and we are intentional and active in recruiting talent of all identities and building an environment that is inclusive of all backgrounds. We need your contribution to our team. Please, consider rolling up your sleeves and joining us on our journey and let us know if we can make any accommodations to better empower your candidate journey
Submit your resume and cover letter, here! If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]