We are a small but mighty collaborative team seeking an exceptional match of your strengths with our culture of BRAVE employees (Bold, Resilient, Accountable, Vulnerable and Enthusiastic). Our 85% employee engagement rate means our team loves the freedom and innovation our “disruptive technology” offers – a growth opportunity where your work makes a difference every day.
Zipnosis Senior Software Engineers are highly skilled in designing and building features for our virtual care platform. As part of the Product and Engineering team, Senior Software Engineers regularly work with our Principal Architect and the Product and Quality teams in the course of their duties. They also may advise and support the Site Reliability, Integrations, Support, Customer Success, and Professional Services teams in helping them understand the details of application feature setup & operation. The Zipnosis software development team works using the Scrum process with a two week sprint cycle. Senior engineers are expected to know our software development process, coding standards, and core frameworks. They are also expected to be a learning resource for junior engineers and other team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing features for Zipnosis' suite of applications. Senior engineers are expected to be able to work with a high degree of independence in completing their tasks.
- Be a leading voice in software design meetings. Occasionally partner with the Product Team to analyze user needs and inform technical requirements.
- Create and deliver test plans including automated user testing / Features specs to meet quality objectives.
- Mentor other engineering colleagues in software engineering principles and techniques. Perform code reviews of others' code.
- Embrace the company values of BRAVE (Bold, Resilient, Accountable, Vulnerable and Enthusiastic).
Required Skills & Abilities
- 4-6 years of experience working on MVC-based web applications, demonstrating increasing skill in tackling technical challenges. A desire (and proven ability) to pick up new frameworks and concepts.
- Understanding of, and willingness to teach, software development practices and concepts such as Object-oriented programming, Web application technologies, Web application security, and testing best practices. Understanding of the analysis of programs such as space and time complexity.
- Highly capable of communicating technical concepts and ideas to other engineers and to non-engineering members of the Zipnosis team.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment and work on a wide variety of tasks and projects.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field. Equivalent experience of 2 to 4 additional years in the industry is also acceptable.
- Very strong technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Professional – unquestionable integrity, credibility and character with high moral and ethical behavior.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with any of the following: WebRTC, Web Security, AI / Machine Learning, mobile app development, Web Components.
- Background in software for healthcare, innovation projects, and/or hospital or health system environments.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at one time.