Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Designs and creates new software by analyzing requirements and implementing and testing programming applications in support of Energy services. Significant ingenuity and latitude is expected.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include one or more of the following (depending upon the specific role):
- Design and develop server-side code for web-based, SaaS software applications
- Design and develop client side, single page applications
- Design and develop software subsystems that communicate in real time to external services using Web Services and/or APIs
- Modify existing database schemas by adding, changing, and/or removing fields in existing database schemas
- Translate Agile software development stories into one or more units of functionality, estimate level of effort, and track progress on a daily basis
- Utilize object-orient design patterns in the implementation of reusable, performant, and secure components
- Build software applications that are deployed in a cloud-based, virtual environment
- Complete testing tasks for all developed code
- Computer Science BS/MS degree
- Non-CS BS/MS degree with other software related training
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years cloud development experience (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data technologies.
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems.
- Experience building / consuming REST APIs.
- Experience with high throughput, scalable, systems
- Expert level C# .net development skills
- Angular2 or higher and TypeScript
- Highly competent working with relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Highly competent in the development/design of REST-based APIs
- Preferred experience in the use of the following technologies and tools.
- MS Build
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft Azure Portal
- The ability to work within the following software development methodologies.
- Agile / SCRUM
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
- The ability to mentor junior team members
- Good written and verbal communication skills, client relation skills, and ability to work effectively as a contributor in a technical team environment
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability solutions and services to corporations, cities and governments across the globe. Comprised of existing and proven ENGIE Group businesses, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and technical capabilities, to provide a comprehensive offer to support clients in tackling their complex sustainability challenges from strategy to execution. Why join us?