MentorMate is seeking a Sr. Project Manager to plan, execute, and finalize custom software development projects. This includes allocating resources and coordinating the efforts of team members to deliver projects according to plan for multiple clients.
As a fast-growing company, MentorMate provides challenging careers in a friendly, team-oriented environment. We value our employees and share our success through competitive pay, recognition, advancement opportunities and a great working environment.
This position is currently remote due to COVID-19.
- Managing software development from beginning to end using Agile methods, usually with several clients at a time
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables to support client business needs in collaboration with management and all stakeholders
- Create project plans, scope documents, schedules and forecasts. Provide timely communication on the impact of changes and decisions.
- Effectively communicate project expectations and status to team members and stakeholders
- Draft and submit budget proposals, manage the project to the client’s budget, and recommend budget changes when necessary
- Build, develop, and grow relationships with clients and team members
- Coach, mentor, and motivate project team members
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- 6+ years experience leading software development teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Superior problem-solving skills: able to quickly assess a situation and devise a solution before an issue turns into a problem
- Able to manage multiple development projects for multiple clients simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and presentation
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines and cultures
- Proficient in Google apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive) and MS Office
- Agile/ Scrum Master experience
- Profound knowledge of Scrum development methodology
- Bachelor’s degree
- Offshore experience
- Working knowledge of web and/or mobile technologies
- Strong understanding of the technical part of software requirements
About Our Company
We developed our first mobile app in 2001. You read that correctly. It was a Palm Pilot app designed to aid students in learning foreign languages. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to cover the full spectrum of software solutions. Our team of over 600 scales quickly and offers end to end services that tackle specific tech challenges across a range of industries, platforms, and technologies. While our roots are in education, nearly half of our business is focused on healthcare and the large amounts of secure data that comes with it.
MentorMate is a place of constant energy and personality. On the clock, we’re technology experts and leaders that bring passion and knowledge to every project. Off the clock, we’re an eclectic bunch of foodies, music buffs, artists, sports fanatics, karaoke pros, and outdoor enthusiasts..
MentorMate is part of the Taylor Corporation family of companies. Taylor companies provide communication services, products and technologies to many of the most recognizable brands in the world. Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer competitive base pay, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401K, PTO and Holiday pay.