MentorMate is seeking a Senior Solutions Consultant. This role is responsible for supporting business development activities, especially with larger accounts that we believe have significant long term prospects for MentorMate. While they likely will be involved in some billable capacity with each prospect with which they engage sometime during their lifecycle, this is not the primary goal or measure of success for this role. Instead, each Senior Solutions Consultant has a portfolio of clients at different stages of maturity and their success is measured by setting and meeting revenue growth objectives within that portfolio of clients.
Some of these clients may be larger prospects that need to gain confidence in our overall capabilities by meeting and working with consultants that can gain their trust and who demonstrate that they know how to be successful in shipping software products using blended, distributed teams. In this scenario, the consultant may need to help propose the work, determine the overall technology stacks in play and the best team structure to complement the client’s existing personnel, and then assure a smooth kickoff, ramp up, and transition to program/project management.
In other situations, these clients may have mature project efforts underway but need help sustaining their product roadmap and translating it into actionable work.
This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
- Prospect meetings
- Proposal writing / RFP responses
- Setting quarterly revenue objectives for each named account in their portfolio
- Working with account management/sales to meet periodically to discuss new needs and to ensure continuity in staffing
- Strategic consulting / domain expertise
- Team formation / onboarding
- Rapid ideation / discovery
- Solution and/or technical architecture
- Business analysis
- Program management
- 10+ years experience in software product development, IT, project/program management, or solution architecture
- Proven track record for identifying business needs, driving the solution concept, and building the support needed to fund the program
- Client-facing consulting experience or aptitude
- Practical experience with the entire lifecycle of software application development
- Hands on experience working with remote or offshore teams to deliver technology solutions
- Experience developing or leading long term (1+ years), $1M+ projects
- Leadership experience with one or more of the following: Data Management, Quality Assurance, Security
About Our Company
We developed our first mobile app in 2001. You read that correctly. It was a Palm Pilot app designed to aid students in learning foreign languages. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to cover the full spectrum of software solutions. Our team of over 600 scales quickly and offers end to end services that tackle specific tech challenges across a range of industries, platforms, and technologies. While our roots are in education, nearly half of our business is focused on healthcare and the large amounts of secure data that comes with it.
MentorMate is a place of constant energy and personality. On the clock, we’re technology experts and leaders that bring passion and knowledge to every project. Off the clock, we’re an eclectic bunch of foodies, music buffs, artists, sports fanatics, karaoke pros, and outdoor enthusiasts..
MentorMate is part of the Taylor Corporation family of companies. Taylor companies provide communication services, products and technologies to many of the most recognizable brands in the world. Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer competitive base pay, and an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401K, PTO and Holiday pay.