Sentera builds an in-season field analysis tool called FieldAgent™. Think of it as New Relic for fields with ML pipelines fed by industrial IOT devices. We have troves of S3 data, a rapidly growing mountain of structured vector data, and a phalanx of serverless bits that construct one of the most fascinating views of agriculture.
Working for Sentera means tackling some of the most interesting problems in computing to improve the sustainability and efficiency of the food supply. We’re not selling ads or building marketing tools. We work at ground level and just below.
We’ve built a DevOps culture and Continuous Delivery pipeline at Sentera. We’re now ready to anchor these values in a Site Reliability Engineer with a focus on Cloud Security. We need people who can do the work, expand the platform, and build the team.
About the position
We want someone who sees security as a passion, a responsibility, and an opportunity. The ideal candidate will take the lead in maintaining secure access to our data to develop our API and ML pipeline and run it at scale as our customer base expands.
- Take the lead on Cloud Security.
- Optimize and tune our Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Work on and collaborate with application development teams.
- Plan and strategize on future workload capacities.
- Build developer tools that foster a delightful developer experience.
- Optimize services for high availability, low latency, and scalability.
- Expand our application and security monitoring capabilities.
- You need to know AWS in and out. VPC networking, IAM, STS, S3, RDS, Lambda, and the rest
- 3+ years of experience. You probably will have 5-10, but we’re willing to trade years for passion.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or other forms of containerized workflow
- Ability to mentor and lead in the maintenance and evolution of our of DevOps/DevSecOps culture
- Ruby on rails experience
- Version upgrades (3.x - 4.x upgrade stories are fun)
- 0 downtime migrations, asynchronous migrations (you understand the song and dance to renaming a column)
- Containerization of Rails apps
- Python, Ruby, ECMAScript, Rust, C#
- MySQL, PostGIS, and Mongo
- GIS experience
- Gdal, Geos, and Proj
- Riotiler, slippy map, Geojson
- AWS Cloud Security certifications
- Experience in certifications like SOC 2 and PCI DSS
- Lesser-known AWS services
- AWS Batch, ECS
- A background in and passion for Agriculture
What We Offer
Full benefit package and paid time off:
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, Dependent Care coverage at a competitive monthly rate.
- 401(K) with a generous 4% company match.
- 120 hours PTO at hire
- Ten paid holidays
- Worksite location: Most employees have been working effectively from home since April 2020 and will continue to work from home until circumstances change. At some point in the future, you may be required to work in our physical office, however, you will work from home until that time.
- Sentera’s Main Office is currently in Richfield, MN. Applications to work remotely will be considered.
- FLSA and Job Status: Exempt, Full-Time (40+ hour work week)
- Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
- Sentera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sentera does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply, please visit www.sentera.com/careers