We are a precision medicine leader, providing evidence-based pharmacogenomic solutions that facilitate more personalized prescriptions across the globe. Our RightMed solution helps healthcare organizations, providers, and payers optimize patient outcomes and reduce costs by facilitating more personalized prescriptions. Paired with an in-house CLIA-certified, CAP-accredited lab, OneOme’s RightMed test provides powerful genetic insights that doctors, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers can use to help inform medication decisions for their patients. Our mission is to provide the most cost-effective, comprehensive, personalized, pharmacogenomics analysis integrated into patients’ everyday clinical care. OneOme was named one of Fast Company’s 50 Most Innovative Companies of 2018.
- Do you want to be part of an innovative precision medicine organization?
- Do you want to be a leader in applying the latest development technologies and practices?
We are seeking a mid to senior level Python web developer to join our existing team of software developers and scientists that are building and supporting OneOme’s PGx solution. The ideal candidate will be well versed in building and maintaining full stack web applications. This position will work with several robust web applications that handle everything from ordering our test to tracking samples through our lab as well as displaying test results in different formats. This position will also get a chance to work on several of our React based single page applications which are built in TypeScript.
This position requires excellent attention to detail, effective communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of web based applications and custom integration solutions including new functionality, enhancements and interfaces
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art programming languages and object-oriented approaches in designing, coding, testing and debugging programs
- Understands and consistently applies structured systems development concepts, methodologies and processes
- Supports and troubleshoots problems with existing systems
- Working collaboratively with our User Experience Design team, continuously enhance the user experience of our platforms
- Apply your experience, ideas and insight to improve stability and performance of the OneOme platform
- Implement appropriate testing at all levels of the stack
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in developing responsive applications for Web and mobile
- Minimum of 1 year of experience developing Web applications using Python
- Minimum of 1 year of experience developing single page applications using React, Angular, or VueJS
- Experience using Python based backend Web frameworks such as Flask or Django
- Experience working with SQL databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Agile software development experience
- Excellent communicator with a high degree of personal accountability
- Ability to work in a small start-up environment at a fast pace, interacting across multiple disciplines and geographies
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience using TypeScript
- Experience and desire to implement automated testing frameworks (ex Pytest)
- Experience using Docker
- Comfortable with Linux or Mac OS X
- Experience using git for version control
- Experience working with Web-based applications which are deployed to AWS
- Prior experience with HIPAA or similar security practices
OneOme Headquarters, 807 Broadway St NE, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55413
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This position requires the ability to work Monday – Friday during core business hours with occasional evenings or weekends to support requirements for the position.
OSHA RISK FACTOR CATEGORY 1. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and work with a computer. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and/or carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to perform repetitive motions, including reaching above the head, and typing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Color-blindness testing is required for those with job-specific duties requiring color discrimination.