We are a small but mighty collaborative team seeking an exceptional match of your strengths with our culture of BRAVE employees (Bold, Resilient, Accountable, Vulnerable and Enthusiastic). Our 85% employee engagement rate means our team loves the freedom and innovation our “disruptive technology” offers – a growth opportunity where your work makes a difference every day.
Zipnosis Software Engineers build features that give our users the ability to provide or receive fast, convenient, and affordable virtual care. As part of the Product and Engineering team, Software engineers work closely with the Product, Quality, Site Reliability, and Integration teams to complete their tasks. The Zipnosis software development team works using the Scrum process with a two week sprint cycle. Software Engineers will primarily work on our Angular front-end app and our Rails API & Admin interface application backed by a PostgreSQL database.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing software applications and services. Interpret technical specifications based on conceptual designs and stated business requirements.
- Analyze code to find the cause of bugs and revise as needed.
- Participate in software design meetings and partner with the Product Team to analyze user needs and inform technical requirements.
- Create and deliver automated tests and meet quality objectives.
- Mentor junior engineering colleagues in development best practices and perform code reviews of peers' code.
- Develop deeper understanding of our core technologies and frameworks, as well as key concepts such as Object-oriented programming, Web technologies, relational databases, API design, and others.
- Embrace the company values of BRAVE (Bold, Resilient, Accountable, Vulnerable and Enthusiastic).
Required Skills & Abilities
- 2-4 years of experience with writing and maintaining web-based applications leveraging a traditional MVC framework. Ruby on Rails and/or AngularJS experience preferred, or a desire (and proven ability) to pick up a new framework.
- Understanding of relational database (RDBMS) concepts and basic SQL.
- Knowledge of basic Object-oriented programming concepts.
- Able to communicate technical concepts and ideas to other engineers.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment and work on a wide variety of tasks and projects.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field. Equivalent experience of 2 to 4 additional years in the industry is also acceptable.
- Strong technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Professional – unquestionable integrity, credibility and character with high moral and ethical behavior.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Understanding of the analysis of programs such as space and time complexity.
- Experience with any of the following: WebRTC, web security, API design, UI/UX design.
- Background in software for healthcare, innovation projects, and/or hospital or health system environments.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at one time.