Software Engineer - REMOTE
de maximis data management solutions, Inc.(ddms) is a growing and innovative environmental data management, analysis, & visualization services organization. We specialize in optimizing the flow of data from the field, converting that data to meaningful analytics, and distributing that information to clients.
We are on the cutting-edge data management and application development services and we are in the process of hiring a Software Engineer to join our growing software development team! The software engineer is expected to design, develop, support and maintain ddms’ SaaS application, Project Portal, and custom data automation tools that comply with industry best practices.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Build, test and deploy new product offerings within ddms’ AWS cloud environment
- Develop innovative quality features on existing .NET / ASP.NET / MVC applications.
- Develop data visualization and reporting deliverables using R / Python
- Assist with design, building and maintaining databases to support applications. Including providing support for SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS and writing of stored procedures and SQL Scripts.
- Develop scripting for Microsoft solutions (e.g. Flow)
- Work in an agile team methodology and dynamic environment
- Work with other company thought leaders on other tangential processes like Dev Ops
- Collaborate in gathering internal and external stakeholder needs and design systems based on strategic business initiatives
- Become an expert of ddms software and identify ways to expand overall application stability as well as new opportunities and solutions.
- Prioritize task-centric work from multiple projects under deadline.
Software Engineer Experience:
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with cloud-based architectures such as AWS, Azure, Google, etc.
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT
- Strong team collaboration and communication skills
- Wicked smart
Not required but nice to have:
- AWS certification: Solutions Architect or DevOps Engineer/Developer