Job Title: Software Engineer (Back-End)
Company: Ōmcare Inc.
Location: Burnsville, MN (+remote)
Please send resumes to [email protected]
- Execute software development projects
- Conceptualize, design, build, code review test, and troubleshoot cloud-based applications
- Develop server-side logic and maintain the central database ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from front-end
- Implement scalable server-side architecture
- Write back-end code to enhance our products and services introducing new features, bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Integrate front-end elements with the back-end code
- Participate in product development projects with a close-knit team of engineers
- Execute design, coding, debugging, and unit testing of software products
- Design complex systems, lead design discussions and code reviews
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues
- Optimize existing products by analyzing and identifying areas for improvement
- Minimum experience: 3 years
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Analysis and attention to detail
- Effective communication – written and oral
- Creativity and problem solving
- Works well independently and in teams
- Keeping on top of emerging technologies
- Experience in developing back-end systems
- Node .js
- PostgreSQL or other database
- Knowledge of RESTful web services
- Linux / MacOS
Added Value Competencies
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as NPM
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes and/or cloud deployment technologies
- Knowledge / experience in EHR integration (HL7/ FHIR)
- Experience with websockets
- Experience with application deployment by using CI/CD
Ōmcare is a digital health technology company on a mission to Change the Way the World Cares® by extending the reach of caregivers, increasing medication adherence, and improving treatment outcomes through the power of remote care and two-way video technology. By partnering with pharmacies, payers, providers, and family caregivers, Ōmcare strives to help people live healthier, more vibrant, independent lives and reduce healthcare cost.
Ōmcare’s first product is called the Ōmcare Home Health Hub - a web-enabled platform that dispenses medication and provides two-way, audiovisual confirmation of medication adherence while facilitating social interaction and remote telehealth care. Ōmcare exists due to the rapidly aging population; high rate of medication nonadherence; a shortage of family and professional caregivers; continued increase in health care costs; consumer preference for in-home care and aging in place; changing reimbursement for home care services; and advancements remote monitoring and wearable technology.
Ōmcare is an award-winning, value-driven technology company that fosters autonomy, mastery and purpose. We believe in the power of teamwork. We understand that we all contribute to the success and growth of our company.
Our Core Values
- WE are a diverse and inclusive team. We understand that the lifting power of many wings can achieve twice as much as any bird flying alone.
- WE are innovators. We boldly go where no one has gone before.
- WE continually push toward excellence and we are simply uncomfortable with anything that embraces the status quo.
- WE value humility and we check our ego at the door.
- WE are kind and respectful to each other, our partners and our customers.
- WE act with integrity - we are honest and we do what we say we are going to do.
Salary + Bonus + Equity + Company Sponsored Retirement + Health/Dental + Life/STD