The Software Engineer II (UI) is responsible for front end development within the Infinite Campus Software. Incumbent will be a strong web developer experienced in creating reusable user interface components and libraries. Working knowledge of Angular, 6+, TypeScript, karma/Jasmine unit testing and Protractor/Cypress browser-automated testing, RxJS, Ngrx and SASS. Should be passionate about user interface technologies. Knowledge of SDLC and agile processes. Ability to write, test and debug code. Strong technical, analysis and communication skills required. Position will onboard and start under REMOTE environment; eventually will be required to return onsite when ALL employees are called back to the office, Blaine, MN Headquarters.
- Facilitate planning, estimation, and communication
- Demonstrate ability to meet aggressive timelines
- Develop software to fulfill complex business requirements
- Evaluate the quality of requirements, designs, and tests
- Multi-task among different development activities
- Provide assistance to others
- Work independently without immediate supervision
- Improve code based upon technical experience and product knowledge
- Debug and test code
- Create unit and other automated code validation tests
- Research, investigate, and fix a wide range of technical issues
- Use agile planning, estimation, communication, and release processes
- Write system documentation in support of the code being developed
- Access Infinite Campus production customer data and production data in public test adhering to the practices and procedures outlined in the master security guidelines
- Fulfill other related duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field and three years software development experience; OR five years software development experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Perform job responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism
- Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners
- Protect confidentiality of student and district data
- Must be a self-starter
- High attention to detail
- Must have good analytical and organizational skills
- Possess a positive attitude in stressful situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment with frequent software releases
- Ability to adapt to and work with numerous functional organizations
- Demonstrate commitment to quality
- Communicate well and proactively with internal stakeholders
Position must adhere to the practices and procedures outlined in the master security guidelines.
*This position may perform job responsibilities directly for a customer contract, which may be subject to a more thorough criminal background check to include, but not limited to, fingerprints, outside the standard screening. If the position performs job responsibilities directly for said customer(s), employee is required to pass the specified criminal background check; meeting the requirements of the customer contract.
Infinite Campus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Infinite Campus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Infinite Campus, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Infinite Campus’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.