As the Software Engineer-.net Web Developer, you'll be responsible for evaluating and clarifying product requirements and developing software solutions to meet business needs. You'll improve ARRT's technical environment by:
• Coding and testing website and business applications,
• Prototyping software solutions to meet evolving needs,
• Writing functional specifications for software changes,
• Developing and enhancing website programming,
• Working with project teams, and
• Providing backup technical support.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Estimate time and cost requirements for projects and tasks
• Develop, code, and unit test applications
• Provide test scripts to the QA team
• Participate in Agile Scrum celebrations
• Troubleshoot software problems
• Manage software code branches and pull requests
• Manage software development using tools such as Microsoft's Visual Studio, Microsoft Azure DevOps, SQL-Reporting Services, and Rational Developer
• Develop/maintain custom ARRT mobile aware software
• Analyze and manage application data using DB2 and MS-SQL skills
• Provide new system and software change documentation to help users update their procedure manuals
End User Training
• Work with end users during software testing to refine applications, screens, and reports
• Train users as required
• Work with others to ensure consistency and productivity, along with sharing programming techniques, best practices, and business process understanding
• Keep up to date with the latest application security techniques and apply to developed software
• Work with security vendors to identify and resolve vulnerabilities
• Ensure proprietary data, personal identifiable information, and confidential data is protected at all times
• Keep current with application security techniques and use best industry standard security practices in all software development
• Become familiar with ARRT's support contracts (IBM, Microsoft, DevExpress) and use the technical resources of the companies as needed to solve problems
• Keep current with new software and hardware techniques/products
• Continuously look for ways to improve department services to the ARRT
• Assist other departments with projects as approved and support internal use applications such as those used in producing exams.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
• Two years' minimum experience in Microsoft .net website development using C#
• Master's degree in computer science
• MSDB certification
Core Competencies required: customer focused, strong communication, teamwork, and solid work ethic.
Skills and Abilities required: adaptable, attention to detail, verbal and written communication, database management professional skills, decision making, documentation, ethics codes, industry trends, innovate IT approaches, job-focused learning, multi-task, organizational understanding, problem solving/analytical thinking, reliable, research, software engineering methods and concepts, technical expertise, understands and follows procedures.
Mission- The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists promotes high standards of patient care by recognizing qualified individuals in medical imaging, interventional procedures, and radiation therapy.
Vision- ARRT will be the premier organization for credentialing healthcare technology professionals in medical imaging, interventional procedures, and radiation therapy.
Values- ARRT is a principled and mission-driven organization that values and demonstrates quality, integrity, objectivity, and evidence-based decision making.
This position is located onsite at our office in St. Paul, Minnesota.