Sentera builds an in-season field analysis tool called FieldAgent™ with ML pipelines fed by industrial IOT devices. We have troves of S3 data, a rapidly growing mountain of structured vector data, and a phalanx of serverless bits that construct one of the most fascinating views of agriculture.
Working for Sentera means tackling some of the most interesting problems in computing to improve the sustainability and efficiency of the food supply. We’re not selling ads or building marketing tools. We work at ground level and just below.
Our team of Senior Engineers are accustomed to high standards and high quality. We require the services of a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to keep our continuous delivery pipeline tuned, flowing, and flush with customer delighting value. The ideal candidate will have a meticulous attention to detail, exude kindness, inspire others to high standards, and put their foot down when work doesn’t meet those standards. We need people who can do the work, expand the platform, and build the team.
We want someone who can move fluidly between reactive and proactive modes and approach the problem of quality in a strategic manner. You will be joining an experienced team with a relentlessly tuned process. You should be able to adapt to the team but bend the long arc of development toward quality.
- Influence and guide the evolution of the agile process.
- Manually test stories that are ready for QA.
- Perform exploratory testing on new feature categories.
- Document test plans and communicate defects in GitHub with grace and precision.
- Track and refine test plans in a way that’s repeatable and transferable to new team members.
- Pursue and strategize the appropriate level of test automation.
- Strong opinions and good strategies for measuring and communicating the level of quality in our products.
What we’re looking for
- Ability to mentor and lead in the maintenance and evolution of our Quality culture
- Diverse experience on a variety of platforms such as web, mobile, desktop and backend services
- Jira skills without too much Jira hate (a little bit is appropriate and expected though)
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum
- 3+ years of experience. You probably will have 5-10, but we’re willing to trade years for passion.
- QA Automation skills in Cypress or a related e2e testing framework
- Experience with compliance certifications like SOC 2 and PCI
- GIS experience
- Mapping technologies (can you use Web Mercator correctly in a sentence?)
- A background and understanding of agriculture
We welcome a diversity of ideas and identities.
What We Offer
Full benefit package and paid time off:
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, Dependent Care coverage at a competitive monthly rate.
- 401(K) with a generous 4% company match.
- 120 hours PTO at hire
- Ten paid holidays
- Travel: No
- Worksite location: Main Office in Richfield, MN, or state location. “Applications to work remotely will be considered.” If applicable.
- FLSA and Job Status: Exempt, Full-Time (40+ hour work week)
- Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
Regarding COVID-19: Most employees, including the embedded software team have been working effectively from home since April 2020 and will continue to work from home until circumstances change. At some point in the future, you may be required to work in our physical office, however, you will work from home until that time.