Sezzle is looking for a Development Team Lead to help shape the technical direction of our growing team. We are looking for experienced engineers with room to grow to help us design and build great code, deliver products with a great user experience, and help train and improve junior engineers.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom, and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design software applications and features in Golang, React and React-native.
- Implement these solutions quickly and efficiently, leading the way by demonstrating good coding practices.
- Build out testing and reporting features as you go to deliver high quality, easily maintainable software.
- Coordinate with product, data, revenue and other company stakeholders to design market winning products.
- Develop and collect metrics to drive continuous improvement of existing products
- As needed, take charge of small developer teams, leading and mentoring junior developers.
- 5+ years of full-stack software engineering experience
- At least one of the following:
- Experience with serving REST APIs using Go, Java or a similar language
- Experience with React web apps or React-Native mobile apps
- Experience with SQL based RDMS through an ORM tool
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- DevOps experience with CI/CD pipelines, Docker and Kubernetes, and cloud computing platforms like AWS
- Demonstrated history of delivering commercial web applications
- A clear record of getting products to market and prioritizing improvements based on customer feedback
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and long term disability insurance
- 401k with 100% match
- Collaborative workspace, commuter benefits, full-stocked kitchen, weekly lunches and much more!
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.