- Responsible for overall service of GTL products at assigned customer sites.
- Prioritizing and planning of assigned service calls.
- Communicating updates associated with assigned service calls.
- Escalating problems when appropriate.
- Interacting in a professional manner with customers to foster positive relationships.
- Replacing telephony hardware and network components, basic maintenance practices.
- Pulling cable, mounting network devices, installing telephony hardware.
- Administer Kiosk service and collections, clearing bill/paper jams, and deposit monies at assigned financial institutions.
- Basic troubleshooting to include: defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions; assisting Technical Support departments with corrective action on deployed hardware and software; developing working knowledge of all operating standards, practices, and procedures.
- Handle special projects as assigned by the Field Service Manager.
- Scheduled and/or unscheduled overtime work and callouts are to be expected.
- A PLT certification is required for this position. Eligible candidates must have the certification, or be willing to obtain the certification within 3 months of start date.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Experience troubleshooting; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient in Windows OS, Microsoft Office Software, and other software programs that may be required.
- Proficient with Telephony and Networking, inclusive of copper, CAT 5/6, and fiber optic wiring
- Knowledge of wiring color code and fabrication of data cabling.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. The willingness and ability to travel to various customer sites daily with the potential for overnight trips
- The work atmosphere will be relevant with access to government agencies, jail, and prison environments, with stringent security guidelines to be maintained at-all-times
- Ability and willingness to work the scheduled and/or unscheduled overtime work assignments and after-hours callouts.
GTL, an innovation leader in correctional technology, education solutions that assist in rehabilitating inmates, and payment services solutions for government. GTL leads the fields of correctional technology, education, and government payment services with visionary solutions and customized products that integrate seamlessly to deliver security, financial value, and operational efficiencies while aiding inmate rehabilitation and reducing recidivism rates.
GTL is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic or category protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.