Next weekend — local developers, designers, entrepreneurs and marketers will collaborate again to pitch, team-up, build and demo new products at Minnesota’s only tech event focused on real time ACTION!
It’s fantastic to read, hear and monitor the movement of new Minnesota startups like Qonqr, Rock Your Block, Heavy Analytics, Locate My Deal and others that originated from the first Startup Weekend Twin Cities back in September.
Who will be amongst Minnesota’s next class of Startup Weekend grads?
Who will stand out, win $3,000 cash, numerous supporting prizes, be talked about in the media and represent Minnesota at the Global Startup Battle?
Final Details for Startup Weekend Twin Cities 2 at U of M Carlson School of Management Nov 19-21; early bird registration ends tomorrow at 5pm:
- $3,000 cash money with no strings — courtesy of TECHdotMN, Robins Kaplan Miller Ciresi, Project Skyway, U of M Venture Center and W3i.
- Three hours of free consulting with MOJO Minnesota (focus on IP, fundraising and biz logic)
- Free month of coworking from CoCo MSP
- A reserved spot at the next Minnedemo
- Complimentary annual memberships from the Minnesota High Tech Association & TiE Minnesota
- Friday 11/19: Qonqr Co-founders Justin Peck & Scott Davis reflect on going from idea to action, qonqering Startup Weekend 1 and building momentum.
- Friday 11/19: Pedal Brain Founder Matt Bauer talks about what it’s like being a tech entrepreneur in the trenches.
- Friday 11/19: Dan Grigsby’s topic is TBD.
- Saturday 11/20: CrashPlan Co-founder Matthew Dornquast shares experiences translating FREE products into profits.
- Saturday 11/20: Workface President Lief Larson is Entrepreneur vs. Wild — the correlation between the instincts and actions of survivors and entrepreneurs.
- Saturday 11/20: SWIFT Weather Founder Rory Groves discusses starting with little to nothing and how to be a lean machine.
- Sunday 11/21: Augusoft President and CEO Cem Erdem shares his vision for an ‘Innovation Center’ aka Project Skyway in Minnesota.
- Saturday 11/20: Free Agent Jim Bernard
- Saturday 11/20: Qonqr Co-founder & tech consultant Scott Davis
- Saturday 11/20: Dan Grigsby
- Saturday 11/20: Professional Director of the Gary S. Holmes Center for Entrepreneurship John Stavig
- Sunday 11/20: Merchant and Gould IP Attorney Ernest Grumbles
- Sunday 11/20: Pedalr Founder Andrew Korf
- Sunday 11/21: Minnesota Cup and Magnet 360 Co-founder Scott Litman
- Sunday 11/21: Zencoder Co-founder Jon Dahl
- Sunday 11/21: Augusoft President & CEO Cem Erdem
- Sunday 11/21: Merchant and Gould IP Attorney Ernest Grumbles
- Sunday 11/21: EIR at LightBank Kris Petersen
- Sunday 11/21: w3i Co-founder Rob Weber
- Sunday 11/21: cSquaredE Principal Chad Eckes
“While it’s open to all, Startup Weekend in an intensely spontaneous, creative and collaborative experience that’s definitely not for everyone,” says Startup Weekend’s Shane Reiser, “…and that’s the best part — amazing things happen when like-minded techies from the same town get together to make ideas become reality. I’ve seen it over and over again.”