The only local event that brings together doers to conceive and launch new tech products is here again. Since the first Startup Weekend Twin Cities in the summer of 2010, to last winter, hundreds of Minnesota tech creators have collided.
With a mix of inspiration, guidance, and glory — these collisions represent the single most critical factor for entrepreneurial success: action.
“Startup Weekends are 54-hour events where developers, designers, marketers, product managers and startup enthusiasts come together to share ideas, form teams, build products, and launch startups!
Startup Weekends are weekend-long, hands-on experiences where entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs can find out if startup ideas are viable. On average, half of Startup Weekend’s attendees have technical or design backgrounds, the other half have business backgrounds.
Beginning with open mic pitches on Friday, attendees bring their best ideas and inspire others to join their team. Over Saturday and Sunday teams focus on customer development, validating their ideas, practicing LEAN Startup Methodologies and building a minimal viable product. On Sunday evening teams demo their prototypes and receive valuable feedback from a panel of experts.”
This weekend warrior startup immersion is for those who want to make it happen. Whether you’re a first year student or a disgruntled IT veteran, if you can hack or hustle, now is the time to make your idea become a reality.
Early bird registration is good through Oct 1 and tickets to Sunday night demos and networking are limited. Speakers, mentors and judges will be announced.
- Previous Startup Weekend Twin Cities Winners & emerging Minnesota tech entrepreneurs. Lineup TBA
- Experienced Minnesota tech entrepreneurs and executives. Roster TBA
- A diversity of smart and fun people. Panel TBA
Community backers include:
- University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management / Holmes Center for Entrepreneurship
- University of Minnesota Office for Technology Commercialization
- MOJO Minnesota
- Project Skyway
- Bloom Health
Community supporters include:
- $1k for 1% option from BRIDGEdotMN
- Reserved demo spot at the next MinneDemo (TBD)
- Coworking package from CoCo Minneapolis/St.Paul
Do you want to support Startup Weekend Twin Cities 4?