The second annual Edutech Showcase and Forum announced today a list of homegrown edutech companies that will be showcasing on October 8th at the University of Minnesota McNamara Alumni Center.
Organizationally driven by TiE Minnesota in collaboration with U of M CEHD, the event is aimed at”Edutech market participants,” including educators, administrators, entrepreneurs and investors, with the goal of fostering awareness and growth around Minnesota’s edutech cluster.
A welcome by University President Eric Kaler will open the forum, followed with a keynote by Charles Miller that will set the stage for a day of networking and presentations, including voices like Phil Soran, John Moravec and Chad Johnson. Registration remains open; below is a list of the companies selected to showcase:
- Whitewater Learning offers E-Education for Educators. Its modules provide rigorous, pertinent and affordable professional development with printable re-licensing units immediately upon completion of each unit.
- Investyr produces educational products that teach people how to prepare for and execute capital events. These events include capital formation (equity, debt), mergers, acquisitions and the sale of businesses.
- Radiate Education maps and assesses 21st Century Skills utilizing any standards based student information system software. Results are displayed in an easy to understand, student centered info-graphic.
- Millennium III Educational Solutions offers strategy, program management, design, development, and systems integration to enable interactive solutions. M-III is focused on educational software solutions for faculty, students, and learners.
- Awear Technologies is an early stage company developing, through University research, innovative neurocognitive training solutions to improve a student’s fundamental classroom performance through use of a safe neurosensing device.
- Elumen Collaborative is driving transformational change in post-secondary education by enabling colleges and universities to define their own specific educational outcomes at the institution, program and course levels.
- LessonLogs provides instrumental music education software for effectiveness and efficiency when playing at home.
- Compute-A-Color is unique in the use of only four colors to demonstrate number relationships and can be used with learners from pre-school to adult learning.
- KidWind (Applied Technology)
- FireWave (Applied Technology)