While those currently remain unanswered — a curious commenter reminded us about the public + foundation funding AccelerateMSP received to do something for entrepreneurship in Minnesota.
“We have received $150k which has come from a variety of resources. A $75k grant was received from the Ford Foundation – which necessitated a 1:1 match. Other funding has come from the McKnight Foundation, GreaterMSP, the Knight Foundation the University of Minnesota, the City of St. Paul and the City of Minneapolis.”
With that background context, and now a full year since York’s appointment as the face AccelerateMSP, it’s time to ask: where did the money go?
The following questions have been provided to AccelerateMSP CEO Pamela York and answers will be posted here verbatim upon return.
1) How much money (public/foundation/private) has AccelerateMSP received to date?
2) How much has been spent so far and where?
3) What has AccelerateMSP produced with the money?
4) Does AccelerateMSP legally live within the University of Minnesota?
5) Are you still married to University of Minnesota director Jay Schrankler?