Via News Release
“MN Cup is thrilled to announce the 80 MN-based startups advancing to the second round of the 2017 competition. In its 13th year, MN Cup is giving away a record $450,000 in total prize money. Click here to view the 80 semifinalists from eight divisions that will compete for a share of $450,000 in cash prizes, and receive mentoring and support to help make their entrepreneurial ideas a reality.”
From the High Tech Division:
- Climb – built to help consultants and retailers streamline and automate the sales process on Facebook Live.
- Extempore – the platform created by teachers to assign simulated conversations and other fluency building activities.
- Homi – access to the largest community of students and alumni, all here to connect with you.
- Pursuit Health Technologies – providing an industry leading platform that fundamentally changes the way trainers interact with their clients.
- Rentable – the online rental equipment marketplace.
- Rover Development – a technology development company focused on next generation RF sensing for Internet of Things applications.
- Starting 11 – is in the business of engaging soccer fans more deeply with the sport and with each other.
- Team Genius – is an athlete assessment platform, designed for youth sports organizations.
- Tenicity – the best tools to learn tennis, track and enhance player development.
- Trust Funds – eliminates the inefficient and unsecure process of depositing and tracking paper earnest money checks.
Tech-oriented Semifinalists from other divisions:
- A-Sharp Energy – allows you to learn about community solar and provides a hassle-free way to shop for a subscription.
- C0sineLabs – integration with devices and connect with every service that makes your life tick at the moment.
- FLUID – the learning water meter.
Food & Beverage:
- Autonomous Tractor Corporation – conceptual autonomous tractor.
- AKER – The best in season agronomic tools
- Cedar Labs – Universal education data integration. Real-time data exchange. Turnkey solution.
- Chromatic 3D Materials – next generation of 3D printing materials with the durability to meet the requirements for finished manufactured goods.
- Corridor Music – an interactive, game-based music theory, ear training and keyboard program created by top music education professionals.
- Recovree – Supporting and connecting people in addiction treatment aftercare
- Accessible 360 – Website accessibility is our specialty and passion.
- Backpack EMR (Binary Bridge) – for humanitarian medical teams and rural clinics in developing countries, allowing them to serve more people and provide better care than ever before.
- Learn.Give.Save – the only mobile solution that uses your everyday spending to help you give to causes you care about and save for your future
- GogyUp – Application that embeds personalized reading instruction within any text accessible on an Android device or the Web.
- Marbles – free peer mental health support at your fingertips.
- Edji –
- UR Turn – technology is designed to keep you in the driver’s seat, charting a path for success in school and beyond.
- DOSE Health – Peace of mind with a smarter pillbox.
- Soundly – Play games to stop snoring.
- Smartbeat – A smart baby monitor.
- DaVinci Industries – the collaboration of mechanical dynamics and RFID tehnology, bringing facing and inventory tracking to retail consumers.
- Dotbound – teaching golf professionals sell more lessons while making life easier.
- Under Recruited Preps – method for athletes to get maximum exposure to college coaches.
- Venew – Collaborative Event Sharing Platform for your Campus.