At least 19 different Minnesota tech ventures received a combined 88 million dollars of investment capital during the first quarter of this year, according to information collected and analyzed from January 1 – March 31, 2018.
This research underwritten by Dundee Venture Capital provides readers with unparalleled transparency into the funding facts that surround Minnesota’s tech industry.
It’s compiled from multiple sources as proxy of local market activity: crowdfunding, incubators/accelerators, angel investments, venture capital, corporate arm and private equity. Consider it a worse case scenario as there are always undisclosed transactions not included; therefore the actual figures are higher, although unknown.
Quarter over quarter change: # of unique co’s: -36% / aggregated $ raised: +225%
Year over year change: # of unique co’s: -13% / aggregated $ raised:
Active out of state investors this quarter: Backstage Capital, PEAK6, M25 Group, Village Capital Investments, Techstars Ventures
Corporate VC headlines in Q1:
- Renfro leads Optum’s $250m VC fund
- Mayo’s corporate VC activity continues
- Minnesota’s Allianz Life Ventures Backs Silicon Valley Startup Gainfully
- Uponor Puts Another $10 Million Behind Phyn
- Toro Stakes Into Boston’s Greensight Agronomics
- Cargill Backs Irish AgTech Startup Cainthus
On the Investor front:
- Higgins Joins Router
- 4 active Minnesota Tech Investors TALK it out.
- Q&A With Mary Grove, Revolution’s New Rise of the Rest Seed Partner Coming To Minneapolis
- Loup Ventures Closes $25m Inaugural Venture Fund
- Local Tech Incubator Invenshure Is Raising $10 Million
Deals by company and amount in Q1 (contact us to purchase further specific data such as investors, total company capitalization, stage, etc.)