As you may have seen, we recently released our Ultimate Guide to MN Accelerators. It was a major project that we couldn’t have completed (for now, at least — we’ll be regularly updating the guide) without the help of our partner, Launch Minnesota.
Check out this brief spotlight on the organization and be sure to stay tuned for more guide goodness soon!
Launching Minnesota’s Startup Network
Launch Minnesota is a statewide collaborative effort to accelerate the growth of startups and amplify Minnesota as a national leader in innovation.
Created with bipartisan support during the 2019 legislative session, Launch Minnesota – spearheaded by the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) – works with an advisory board, private sector stakeholders, support organizations, higher education, and innovative startups statewide.
What Launch Minnesota Does
- Increase access to capital through our grants, tax credits, and direct and in-kind investments by our private sector
- Launch MN Innovation grants for: Business Operation and Housing/Childcare and matching grant for Phase 2 SBIR-STTR federal grants
- Angel Tax credit. provides a 25% credit to investors or investment funds that make equity investments in innovative startups
- Increase private investment to Minnesota startup community through capital or in-kind investment. Check out the list of MN’s current investors
- Develop entrepreneurial talent by ramping up lean startup education, access to expertise and other coordinated statewide efforts
- Lean Startup Education now offered across Minnesota
- Coming soon… the Minnesota Mentor Movement
- Build a collaborative statewide network to support entrepreneurs at every stage of their startup journey.
The Launch MN Network is uniting six regions, seven hubs & over 60 partners to support startups to improve coordination and capacity across the state’s startup ecosystem aiming to help entrepreneurs navigate the wealth of resources across the state.
Check out the highlights of Launch Minnesota’s first six months.
Find Out More
Want to learn more about Minnesota accelerators? Be sure to read our accelerator spotlights!