- The event is part of the OnRamp Conference Series
- The event will take place virtually on November 12, 2020
- Participating startups will engage in one-on-one pitch meetings with “key global entertainment corporations and venture capital firms”
- The conference is focused on, “innovation in music, radio, film, the arts and gaming.”
- The registration deadline is October 12, 2020
Read the full details in the news release below. Release has been edited for length.
gener8tor Launches Inaugural OnRamp Entertainment Conference
MILWAUKEE – gener8tor will launch its first annual OnRamp Entertainment Conference on Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020 in a virtual format. More than 300 startups are anticipated to apply for one-on-one pitch meetings with key global entertainment corporations and venture capital firms. As part of the successful, vertical-specific OnRamp Conference Series, the OnRamp Entertainment Conference is poised to become the premier national conference for the entertainment industry’s top innovators and dealmakers.
OnRamp Entertainment will bring together leading corporations, investors and startups for a day of networking and dealmaking. The conference will highlight innovations disrupting the entertainment industry, spotlight the leaders making such innovations possible, and forecast how new technologies and business models will transform the sector. Within the entertainment industry, the conference has a focus on innovation in music, radio, film, the arts and gaming.
The two-day event features:
- One-on-one, curated meetings between startups, corporations and venture capitalists inthe entertainment industry;
- Panel discussion on “Innovation as a Function of Creativity” featuring Fernando Garibayof the Garibay Center, Kristina Serafim of Verizon Ventures and Max Fergus of LÜM;
- And a showcase event featuring performances from Detroit-based artists whoparticipated in Motown Musician Accelerator, as well as pitches from the five nationally sourced startups who participated in the 2020 gBETA Musictech program.
Unique to OnRamp, the conference’s Startup Track will feature curated, one-on-one pitch sessions between startups and corporations and venture capitalists. OnRamp will match selected startups with venture capital and innovation executives from participating companies to discuss potential customer relationships, strategic partnerships and, if appropriate, investment opportunities.
“gener8tor is thrilled to amplify entertainment tech through our highly-anticipated OnRamp Entertainment Conference,” said Patty Newby, lead organizer of OnRamp Entertainment Conference. “This event will facilitate game-changing connections between key stakeholders, thought leaders and startups disrupting the entertainment space.”
About the OnRamp Entertainment Conference
The OnRamp Entertainment Conference brings together the entertainment industry’s leading corporations, investors and startups. The conference highlights innovations disrupting the entertainment industry, spotlights the leaders making such innovations possible, and forecasts how new technologies and business models will transform the burgeoning industry. Focuses for the conference include music, radio, film, the arts and gaming. OnRamp Entertainment includes a Startup Track, featuring curated, one-on-one pitch sessions between selected startups and corporate venture capital and innovation executives from participating corporations. In addition to the Startup Track, the conference will include an innovation panel discussion and gBETA Musictech Pitch Night.
gener8tor’s turnkey platform for the creative economy connects startup founders, musicians, artists, investors, universities and corporations. The gener8tor platform includes pre-accelerators, accelerators, corporate programming, conferences and fellowships.