What to know about the Hack the Gap Summit:
- The virtual summit takes place from October 6-8, 2-4 p.m.
- There are three types of tickets available:
- Pay It Forward ($25) — “Contribute toward a scholarship ticket for someone else. Your donation automatically qualifies you as a Friend of Hack the Gap sponsor and your name will be listed on our event page.”
- Supporter of HTG ($25) — “Show the world your commitment to tech equity by becoming a Supporter of Hack the Gap. This virtual ticket includes full Summit access and exclusive digital swag.”
- Advocate of HTG ($50) — As an advocate of Hack the Gap, you’ll receive full access to the Summit, digital swag plus physical swag like a Hack the Gap tote bag, stickers, and more surprises. We’ll ship your swag to the address you provide during ticket registration. At this time, we can only ship to supporters in the US.
- A diverse lineup of speakers will present throughout the event (current lineup below)
- Each day of the summit is focused on a particular theme:
- October 6th — Building AI with an equity lens
- October 7th — Inclusive Placemaking: Data and Augmented Reality
- October 8th — Increasing access in tech (featuring panels and demos from current and past participants)
Read more details about the Hack the Gap Summit below (sourced from the HtG website).
Check out more Hack the Gap coverage on tech.mn.
The Hack the Gap Tech Summit is a virtual gathering for technologists to reimagine opportunities and equity in tech.
About this Event
The Hack the Gap Summit is a virtual, interdisciplinary gathering for tech builders and consumers. As technology adapts to address new challenges, what is its impact? The technical decisions we make today can shift the needle towards a more just future – or not. Join us to learn how to reimagine technology to recenter people, increase opportunities, and hack the equity gap.
The Hack the Gap Summit will take place on our virtual stage from 2pm – 4pm CDT each day.
Themes for each days:
October 6th – Building AI with an equity lens
October 7th – Inclusive Placemaking: Data and Augmented Reality
October 8th – Increasing access in tech – featuring panels and demos from current and past participants!
Quyen Balter, Founder and CEO, Peach Mindfulness
Asnat Ghebremedhin, Business Development Associate, DataKind
Brianna M. McCullough, Infrastructure Program Manager at Google
Eri O’Diah, CEO, Collectively Digital
Mo-Yun Fong, Sr. Director of gTech Users and Products, Google
Rashad Timawatt, Landscape Architect and Hack the Gap fellow
More speakers to be announced soon!