What to know about the PricewaterhouseCoopers/CB Insights MoneyTree Report on Q3 2020 Minnesota funding:
- Minnesota funding in Q1 and Q2 were fairly modest with $103 million and $79 million being raised respectively
- Q3 shows a healthier ecosystem with $600 million in raises, although this figure excludes at least one major raise — the $137 million Series B round by Eagan’s Preventice Solutions
- The $600 million figure is overwhelmingly led by Bright Health’s massive $500 million Series E round
- According to the report, Q3 2020 is overshadowed only by Q4 2019 (clocking in at $775 million and led by Bright Health’s Series D round — the largest in Minnesota history)
- The top five raises as designated by the PricewaterhouseCoopers/CB Insights MoneyTree Report (again, excluding the Preventice Solutions Series B) are below
Alex oversees the content produced for BETA, Twin Cities Startup Week, and tech.mn. When he’s not writing or editing, there’s a good chance he’s enjoying a refreshing brew and explaining the merits of heavy metal (of which there are many).