What to know about the latest funding round by soona:
- soona, the Minneapolis-based “fast casual” photography and video studio, has secured a $10.2 million Series A
- The round was led by Union Square Ventures and follows a $1.2 million seed round in 2019
- Liz Giorgi, soona CEO and Co-founder, said the capital will allow the company to develop its subscription project with more collaborative tools with a more data-driven approach and open its first digital fulfillment studio in Minneapolis (soona also has locations in Austin and Denver)
- The Candor Clause, an, “open-source legal disclosure for inclusion in fundraising documents to foster conversations between founders and investors about gender equality” will also be expanded to include race, national origin, LGBTQ+, religion, and disability
- Giorgi also said on Twitter that there is news on expansion and 60 new jobs in Minnesota coming soon
Alex oversees the content produced for BETA, Twin Cities Startup Week, and tech.mn. When he’s not writing or editing, there’s a good chance he’s enjoying a refreshing brew and explaining the merits of heavy metal (of which there are many).