What to know about the third fund from Brightstone Venture Capital:
- Brightstone Venture Capital, the Minneapolis-based early-stage investment firm, is targeting $50 million for its third fund
- The firm has already raised $24.5 million for the round
- The firm’s first and second funds clocked in around $20 million and $30 million respectively
- Brightstone currently has 30 investments, 14 of which are based in the Twin Cities
- Some of the firms more high profile investments include Bitesquad (acquired by Waitr Holdings for $323 million in 2019), HomeSpotter (acquired by Lone Wolf Technologies in May 2021), and Flipgrid (acquired by Microsoft in 2018)
- The firm usually invests between $1 million and $5 million into startups
Interested in learning more about Minnesota venture capital? Check out our Ultimate Guide!
Alex oversees the content produced for BETA, Twin Cities Startup Week, and tech.mn. When he’s not writing or editing, there’s a good chance he’s enjoying a refreshing brew and explaining the merits of heavy metal (of which there are many).