What to know about the third fund from Brightstone Venture Capital:
- Brightstone Venture Capital, the Minneapolis-based early-stage investment firm, is targeting $50 million for its third fund
- The firm has already raised $24.5 million for the round
- The firm’s first and second funds clocked in around $20 million and $30 million respectively
- Brightstone currently has 30 investments, 14 of which are based in the Twin Cities
- Some of the firms more high profile investments include Bitesquad (acquired by Waitr Holdings for $323 million in 2019), HomeSpotter (acquired by Lone Wolf Technologies in May 2021), and Flipgrid (acquired by Microsoft in 2018)
- The firm usually invests between $1 million and $5 million into startups
Interested in learning more about Minnesota venture capital? Check out our Ultimate Guide!