Look at that ‘lil walleye over there. All bundled up in a fetching Gopher-maroon scarf, splashing as hard as it can in hopes of chomping down on that enticing money that’s… at the end of a fishhook…
Hm. Well, I’m just going to go ahead and assume (and hope!) that the participants of the Walleye Tank Ice Fishing Edition Life Science Pitch Competition won’t be facing any sharp metal objects when they take the virtual stage tomorrow, December 3, from 2 -4 p.m.
Three divisions — Junior, Mid-Level Reelers, and Professionals — will pitch healthcare and medical technology for a panel of judges from organizations including Mayo Clinic Ventures, Google Cloud, Boston Scientific, and more.
The icy themed sister event to the Walleye Tank is also sponsored by Mayo Clinic Office of Entrepreneurship, University of Minnesota’s Medical School, UMN Technology Commercialization, and Carlson School of Management with additional support by the Medical Alley Association and Launch Minnesota.
Check out the presenters who, again, will not be a tempted by literal fishhooks with money — I hope — and register here.
Junior Division Teams:
- SMYLE, LLC: Wearable Medical QR Code bracelets, Katelyn France
- carSEAL: Simple secure seal for carotid closure, Derek Prusener
- EpiBand: Wearable epinephrine, Gauri Sood
- FreeNav, Inc: Wireless GPS for the Body, Brian Bechard
- SoleView, LLC: Helping prevent lower limb amputations, one step at a time., Michael Seffren
- BoundaryCare: Helping family caregivers of loved ones with dementia, Scott Carpenter
- Urinary Technologies Corp: UTI diagnosis and antibiotic susceptibility testing in less than 2 hours, Chuck Dennis
- Eva Medtec, Inc: Neuroglide sleeping pad activates your body’s natural ability to relax, relieve pain, and recover at-home, Irene Waldridge
- InControl Heath Inc: Safe hair saving treatment anywhere, anytime, by anyone, Laura Zumbrunnen
- GlobaLASEReach: Invisible Light Therapy for Pelvic & Bladder Pain, Nolan Hetz
- Herald Therapeutics: David Ingbar, PhD
- North Shore Therapeutics: Leveraging immersive technology to treat serious mental illness, Sunny Tang, MD