Pets. They’re just the best. If you share that sentiment and have a penchant for business, then boy do we have the accelerator for you. Applications for the Target Accelerators Takeoff Pets cohorts are officially open.
Focused on all things pets, the Takeoff Pets accelerator will provide entrepreneurs an opportunity to, “solidify your retail pitch, understand how to have long-term success on retail shelves and sharpen your skills as a CPG leader.” The free virtual program will accept 10 companies in total (with each participant given a $5,000 stipend) and run for five weeks — May 16 to June 17. Curriculum will include education on the retail industry at large, financials and promotions, a line review, and more.
To be eligible for the Takeoff Pets cohort, companies must meet a list of requirements:
- Your company sells products that are one of the following products: pet beds and furniture, food, supplies, technology, toys, healthcare and more, then this cohort is for you
- Must have an LLC, C-Corp, B-Corp, S-Corp or other registered entity.
(Target Accelerators is unable to work with sole-proprietorships.)
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must currently have a physical product that is currently available to sell.
- Products demonstrate solving for a unique problem or addressing an underrepresented consumer by having existing traction in the market proven by social media engagement, revenue growth, growing customer base
- Must be available for all five weeks of program
- Cannot be a current or prior vendor with Target
There are several informational webinars to help you get ready for the program:
- Takeoff Pets Informational Webinar + Application Tips & Tricks
- 8, 2022 at 4:00pm CST | Register >
- Takeoff Pets: Ask Me Anything Webinars
So, if you’ve got the next hottest doggie bed or a catnip toy that lasts more than 45 seconds, this one is for you! Who knows — your company could be the newest phenomenon to hit a Target endcap. Sounds… pawesome?