Experts in medical devices, diagnostics, testing, and digital health solutions join the new cohort.
gBETA Medtech has announced the members of its Spring 2022 cohort. Out of more than 140 applications, five companies made the cut: Mother of Fact, OmnVis, Q-rounds, SingleTimeMicroneedles and Tiumed. The group kicked off the experience on April 20 and will end their time in the program with a Showcase Day on June 21.
“We’re so fortunate to have such a diverse set of founders with expertise across the healthcare continuum,” gBETA Director for the Medtech program KC Caine said in a release. “Our founders are bringing high-impact
innovations to the sector, and we’re excited to see how their companies grow.”
gBETA Medtech (a program of gener8tor and UEL) is a free, seven-week accelerator focused on working with medical devices, healthcare-related software, biotech and diagnostics startups with no equity or fee strings attached. Participating startups receive individualized coaching, access to a network of mentors, and education on how to gain traction with their idea and establish metrics to help make them competitive in the accelerator and seed-funding arena.
The cohort also receives support from from Mayo Clinic, Medical Alley Association and
University of Minnesota. Learn more about each company below (with descriptions courtesy of gBETA Medtech).
- Mother of Fact‘s on-demand HIPAA secure mobile app supports any mom as they navigate all baby feeding needs, serving the fragmented $14 billion market for pregnancy and baby care. This evidenced-based platform provides access to nutrition tracking, preventative monitoring, and daily coaching from licensed dietitians.
- OmniVis developed a detection device to support international aid organizations and practicing physicians in diagnosing infectious diseases. OmniVis’ ultrasensitive handheld device provides a low-cost solution to labor intensive lab testing, bringing accurate results directly to the point of care in under 30 minutes.
- Q-roundsTM provides an in-hospital digital health solution that sends real-time updates for patients, their families, and the careteam on when to expect their doctor to arrive for inpatient rounds. In addition to empowering patients and hospital systems with time-transparency, Q-rounds offers one-click telehealth for those who can’t be at the bedside to seamlessly join rounds remotely right on cue. Q-rounds saves hospitals money by increasing hospital throughput, improving patient satisfaction, and decreasing medical errors through bringing the entire team together for the most important moment of the hospital day – bedside rounds.
- SingleTimeMicroneedles created a painless, removable, transdermal microneedle patch that can deliver vaccines in the comfort of a person’s home. STM’s vaccine delivery technology is the only platform engineered to deliver single or multiple dose vaccines in one application without needles or other equipment. By eliminating pain, refrigerated supply chains, and the need for clinic visits, STM’s patch reduces needle avoidance and improves overall vaccine efficacy and deployment efforts.
- Tiumed’s high-performance, easy to adopt surgical platform targets benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) surgery, an enlarged prostate treatment 1 in 4 men will require in their lifetime. Tiumed’s patented design doubles the tissue removal rate and increases surgeon control, improving procedure times, procedure completeness and number of procedures performed.