The Senior Product Designer will join the product team to both optimize the existing user experience as well as define new features in the SPARK loan origination platform product roadmap. The designer’s goal is to ensure that the interactions, process, flow, and overall experience of SPARK exceeds our customers’ expectations. The designer will be responsible for fully immersing themselves in the small business loan origination domain to better understand the user base so that they can translate concepts into meaningful user flows, wireframes, visual designs and / or interactive prototypes.
- Lead all aspects of design in a cross-functional team, including user research, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping
- Conduct qualitative research and usability testing sessions with existing SPARK customers and product stakeholders
- Develop personas and usage scenarios for the roles involved with loan origination across all customer segments
- Translate concepts into user flows and develop wireframes, visual designs, and interactive prototypes
- Collaborate with SPARK technical product management to help translate interactive prototypes into user stories and requirements for the development team
- Support the SPARK development teams during implementation as needed to ensure design requirements are satisfied
- Work with the Head of Design to develop a new look and feel for SPARK, and translate that into a Design System
- Belief in and practice of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion philosophy. Modeling behavior that inspires dialogue, learning and cross-cultural exchange
- 5+ years of proven experience in user experience and interface design for web-based applications
- Experience creating, implementing, and utilizing a Design System
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Open to receiving feedback and design critique
- Passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with complex enterprise software, FinTech, Health Care, or another related industry
EDUCATION / OTHER:
- BS/BA in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, related field, or 5 years equivalent professional experience.
- To be considered, please submit a portfolio containing 2 or more work samples that demonstrate your skills in Research, Interaction Design, Visual Design, and/or Design Systems work.
- You are able to work independently in a fast-paced environment. You thrive on being an expert upon which the team can rely.
- Willing to get the job done. We are a small team and rely on each other to dig in and help, especially in service of exceptional customer service.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills whether in-person, remote, or in an collaborative setting, particularly in a customer facing setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION:
SPARK is dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page. Diversity & Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of their core values. They are an equal opportunity employer that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.