What to know about the “Next Gen” documentary highlighting the St. Louis Park High School Overwatch team:
- “Next Gen” was produced by from Wisdom Gaming Group and acowsay in partnership with the High School Esports League (HSEL)
- The documentary chronicles the first St. Louis Park High School Overwatch team and its journey to the national championships (they won!)
- Joseph Lindstrom, a member of the team who was diagnosed with autism at age four, is highlighted
- Throughout the documentary, Joseph’s journey shows how Esports helped open new doors and how playing on the team helped him connect with fellow students and his teacher and coach
- The full documentary will be released today at 8 p.m., but you can watch a trailer below (this post will be updated with the full video once it’s released)
Wisdom Gaming Group secured $3 million in Series A funding late last year. Mike Zweigbaum, the organization’s CEO, will be featured on Friday’s episode of Twenty Minutes.