What to know about a potential Sezzle IPO:
- Sezzle, the Minneapolis “buy now, pay later” fintech company, is planning an IPO in the United States according to statements made in an Australian securities filing in late April
- Details on the IPO, such as number of shares and price of shares, weren’t discussed
- The company has already entered the Australian market, debuting at A$1.22 in July 2019, peaking at around A$11, and currently trading between A$7 and A$8
- Sezzle also filed a Form 10 with the SEC in April, detailing the financial health of the company
- According to the filing, the company revenue rose from $16 million in 2019 to $59 million in 2020
- The company also reported a net loss of $32 million in 2020
We’ll report more news on the possible Sezzle IPO as it breaks. In the meantime, catch up with Killian Brackey, CTO of Sezzle, in our CTO Spotlight series.
Alex oversees the content produced for BETA, Twin Cities Startup Week, and tech.mn. When he’s not writing or editing, there’s a good chance he’s enjoying a refreshing brew and explaining the merits of heavy metal (of which there are many).